Thursday, August 2, 2012

My favorite app and then some

I recently took my mother to one of my favorite local gems, Top Flr. I love this place for its consistently delicious food. The service can be spotty but if you go early or during the week it's usually pretty good.


This place has one of my favorite appetizers in Atlanta - tuna tar tar on crispy flatbread with avocado, mache, and drizzled with spicy aoli.













Top Flr also has one of my favorite salads in this city, mixed greens, goat cheese, and pistachios topped with a heavenly lavender dressing.









On this visit I tried the sea scallop entree for the first time. They were not the best or freshest scallops I've had but they were cooked well and had good flavor in the absence of a sauce.


To accompany the scallops we ordered sides of quinoa and kale. Of the two the kale was preferred for its flavor and better pairing with the scallops.

Our wine pairing for the evening was a familiar favorite of mine, the Columbia Valley "Lenore" Syrah 2009. It's not fancy, just a decently priced, pleasantly tasting, easily drinkable wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment